- Perform all mail handling duties related to the receipt, dispatch and delivery of mail
- Operate a postal tracing service
- Maintain the security of mail and of post office premises as well as the security of cash, postal valuables and sensitive equipment
- Prepare and distribute bills of lading for international and domestic mail dispatched by road, rail, sea and air
- Operate a postal financial counter in accordance with Canada Post regulations and directives
- Conduct financial accounting and audit duties at military post offices
- Type routine correspondence, forms and documents
- Operate office equipment including calculators, photocopiers, computers and postage meters
Postal Clerks provide a full range of postal services to Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members and their families at CAF bases and establishments.
The primary responsibilities of the Postal Clerk are to:
Postal Clerks serve with Royal Canadian Navy, the Army and the Royal Canadian Air Force in Canada and abroad. They typically work in a postal office, but may also be on a ship at sea, in a temporary postal office in an operational unit, or a mobile postal van.