This position provides administrative support to the registration, scheduling and reporting functions within Community Psychiatry Service and interacts directly with clients and the public as the unit receptionist. The incumbent ensures all related duties and responsibilities adhere to the policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, plus up to 2 year post-secondary in office or medical office administration
- Medical terminology certificate, with focus on psychiatric terminology
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing administrative support within a busy, multidisciplinary Mental Health Care facility, with demonstrated knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Intermediate skill level in MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerpoint, MSAccess
- Intermediate skill level required for typing
- Proficiency in data entry and the use of specialized computer applications: PHS scheduling software, HBO, Standard Query Language (SQL)
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in troubleshooting and support
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive and non-judgmental manner with psychiatric patients
- Maintain exellent interpersonal relationships while handling multiple tasks, frequent interruptions and stressful situations
- Good organization skills, with ability to set own priorities and work with minimal supervision
- Good work performance and attendance record is essential
Some responsibilities include the folllowing:
- Provides administrative support to assigned physicians and multidisciplinary team members, including typing correspondence/documents, taking dictation, taking minutes, scheduling appointments, faxing, photocopying, distributing mail, filing, etc.
- Provides reception coverage, handling incoming phone calls, enquiries and visitors or facilitating referrals where appropriate
- Registers patients in Dovetale and schedules patient appointments, confirming, cancelling and rescheduling appointments where needed , and maintains statistics on patient numbers and cancellations
- Maintains patient charts, initiating, recording and filing all relevant documentation accordingly i.e. Form 14's, file consultation notes, prescriptions, client status, etc.
- Remains alert regarding client activity and ensures work area is maintained in a safe, organized and presentable way at all times
- Provides coverage for other administrative support staff as required, and assists with other activities as assigned by the Manager
- All other duties as assigned
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, days and afternoons
Hourly: $24.67..... $25.76... $26.82
(plus 14% in lieu of benefits)