Founded in 1992 and based in Atlanta, Safe-Guard Products is driven by the steadfast commitment to provide unparalleled service and the highest quality vehicle protection products to the automotive, RV, marine, and motorcycle/powersports industries. In their twenty-five-year history, Safe-Guard has grown to over 500 employees across the U.S., with a client roster of over 35 leading brands, who serve over 10,000 dealers, and protect over 11 million consumers under Safe-Guard contracts.
Safe-Guard’s mission is to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from the perils of ownership. Safe-Guard is experiencing dynamic growth and has earned a stellar reputation from customers, partners, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of value-added technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) unparalleled client and customer service.
Account Receivable Specialist
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 3 years Account Receivable and Collection experience who will take full ownership of the A/R & Collection position at a medium size company.
Applicant will be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generate weekly aging reports in a timely manner. The candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principles and be proficient at Great Plains accounting software and MS Office (especially Excel).
The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator, both paper and over the phone, as he or she will frequently deal with all levels of management.
- Make Daily Collection Call
- Conduct Account Research and Analysis
- Prepare and Maintain Various Reports
- Maintain and accurate aging report
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments
- Send invoicing and statements
- Reconcile A/R to G/L
- Communication and Contact: The employee must work and relate well with others including communicating effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee must work effectively and relate well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee needs to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and must maintain constructive working relationships. The position requires complex problem solving skills related to identifying and rectifying issues among operations, IT and accounting.
- Take Initiative, Identify Issues and bring them to Resolution: The employee will be reviewing and auditing reports for the Company’s clients that rely on us to account for their business. Occasionally transactions are processed incorrectly or outside the given parameters, which cause reports to be out of balance or contain other errors. The employee will be responsible for identifying the root cause of the issue, communicating it to the appropriate internal personal and tracking the resolution of the issue.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Requirement: Fluent in French
Teamwork/Collaboration: Support team members by establishing effective interpersonal relationships and cross functional partnering.
Job Knowledge: Clearly demonstrates a good grasp of key job functions, relevant terminology, technical processes and standards.
Customer Experience: Communicate effectively with customers, advocate customer needs and initiate resolution
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.