Job Requisition Id: 23842
Business Function: Security and Investigations
Primary City: Stoney Creek, ON
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: English Essential
Employee Class and Level: CPMGA01
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (28/10/2019)
The Officer, Security and Investigation Services is accountable for identifying, in close collaboration with employees, outside agencies and partners, crime risks and other security related exposures that impact Canada Post’s employees, customer information, property, mail, brand value, profitability and sustainability.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Officer, Security and Investigation Services.
- Under the General Counsel delegation of authority decision making matrix, recommends that criminal charges be laid, and may be required to make arrests when individuals are “found committing” certain offences under the Criminal Code of Canada and/or the Canada Post Corporation Act.
- Authorizes charges under the Canada Post Act and the Criminal Code and obtains search warrants.
- Monitors compliance with security policies and practices. Investigates criminal acts as they relate to mail using established protocol and the rules of evidence guidelines. Prepares case reports on internal and external crimes, incidents and breaches of corporate policy. Escalates breaches and irregularities as required. Works with external agencies, such as the RCMP and the police forces, to prepare cases going to the Courts or arbitration.
- Contributes to the development of security standards and procedures consistent with corporate objectives and professional security standards.
- Analyzes loss data to identify potential crime risk impact and exposure to Canada Post services, products, and brand image. Identifies and recommends preventive security procedures and risk management measures to mitigate risk to mail and corporate assets.
- Provides subject matter expertise on postal related offences under the Criminal Code and the Canada Post Corporation Act, preventive security measures, and investigative techniques.
- Advises business units and facilitates training on security issues and preventive security programs, processes, procedures and strategies that provide for the protection of mail and corporate assets.
- Represents Canada Post in dealings with local and national and international law enforcement agencies.
- Conducts security audits of third-party suppliers and partners.
- Completed post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in a related field such as Criminal Justice, Criminology, Cyber Security, Security Management, or Business Administration.
- 3 years of relevant functional experience in conducting or managing mult-faceted investigative procedures for an organization.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of security, law enforcement and investigative strategies including case file management, evidence management and advanced report writing techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable government legislation –
ie: Criminal code of Canada, Canada Post Corporation Act as well as
practical knowledge of court/arbitration procedures would be an
Other Candidate Requirements
- Ability to attain and maintain a Top Secret Level security clearance and handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication, analytical, and customer service skills.
- Business Intelligence skills an asset.
- Project management skills an asset.
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Professional security designations such as Certified Protection Professional, Physical Security Professional, Certified Fraud Examiner etc. is preferred
Other Information: The job is located in Stoney Creek, Ontario
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.