SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Facilitating evening and weekend rentals of our facilities including opening and closing, greeting guests, light clean up and reception duties.
- Respond in a positive, informative and polite manner to all inquiries (telephone and in person) regarding departmental programs, activities and room rentals.
- Carries out clerical, administrative and financial procedures, on shift, related to room rentals.
- Opens and closes facilities as needed.
- Responsible for overall security of the facility on shift.
- Ensures appropriate use of facility by renters/user groups.
- Performs general cleaning of facility as required, based on rental activities (e.g. removal of garbage, spill clean-ups, etc…)
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned for the successful achievement of Department goals.
- Completion of secondary school diploma.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Previous office and/or recreation experience in a busy customer service oriented environment.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills to promote trust and confidence, to advise and consult and to resolve conflict.
- Ability to speak and write clear, concise statements, reports and other materials in English.
- Proven ability to work and make decisions independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and a proven ability to problem solve.
- Ability and willingness to act in a professional, non-judgmental manner in dealing with rental participants.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $14.00 /hour