- Lifting, loading and stacking food service products (up to 60 lbs) onto pallets.
- Safely and efficiently navigating the warehouse using a power pallet jack.
- Accurately scanning and selecting product using a computerized inventory system.
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations, and Food Safety programs.
- Adhering to all Organizational policies, procedures, and cornerstone values.
- Additional loading, shipping and/or stocking duties.
- All other duties as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Must be physically fit and able to safely and repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items.
- Must be able to work quickly and maintain a high level of energy throughout the shift.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance.
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred.
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Must be able to work in multiple temperature zones including cooler (0oC to 4oC) and freezer (-20oC to -30oC) environment.
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times in the warehouse.
- You will earn between $21.00 and $24.68 an hour in your first year.
- Ongoing performance incentives.
- Full, flexible, and comprehensive benefits.
- Paid training and orientation period.
- RRSP contribution matching.
- Advancement and career development opportunities.
- Company events that support our family culture.
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities.
To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact email@example.com.